Thank you and congratulations to all of our employers and commuters who participated in the first-ever goDCgo Commuter Challenge! Participating organizations included the District Department of Transportation (DDOT), the DC Department of Energy and Environment (DDOE), the World Bank Group, the American Pharmacists Association (APhA), Washington Gas, Community of Hope, and TCG. We hope everyone enjoyed the competition and was inspired to turn this challenge into a forever lifestyle. Thanks to your efforts, we’ve collectively logged over 8,500 clean trips, burned 753,440 calories, saved 106,100 pounds of carbon emissions, and reduced 90,400 car miles during the month of September. This just goes to show that making the choice to walk, bike, or take public transit even one day a week can help make DC a greener city. YOU have the power to make a difference!Now it's time for the moment we've all been waiting for...
The 2019 Commuter Challenge winners are:
- Top Performing Medium Employer - DC Department of Energy and Environment (DDOE)
- Top Performing Large Employer - District Department of Transportation (DDOT)
- Super Commuter - Davide Piga at The World Bank Group
- Referral Bonus Champion - Marissa Barrera at The World Bank Group
In addition to team standings, we held weekly social media challenges for individual participants to engage in for the chance to win even more awesome prizes including:
- Sustainable Selfie Week - Clara Elias at DDOE
- Transportation Trivia Week - Sarah Wyatt at The World Bank Group
- Sustainable Spirit Week - Dan Guilbeault at DOEE
- Commuter Testimony Week - Patricia Szybist at APhA
Other honorable mentions:
- Green Machine Badge - Even though everyone who logged 30 trips earned this badge, Betsy Roach at The World Bank Group was the first to do so and won herself a $20 gift card to use at Smoothie King.
- Car Free Day Badge - We encouraged challengers to log their trips on Car Free Day (Sept. 23) and the lucky winner was Esther Wells at Washington Gas. She got a FREE flight for going car FREE!
We also want to thank our sponsor, Georgetown Suites, for contributing a two-night staycation at their hotel. And thank you to our other sponsor, Krispy Kreme (DC location), for providing FREE coffee/donut coupons for all participants who logged their first trip.