In case you missed it, goDCgo recently held its 1st annual Hospitality Ambassador Awards ceremony to recognize DC hotels for their exceptional commitment to sustainable transportation. Hosted at Velo Café in the Wharf, we were joined by hotels from neighborhoods throughout the city like Downtown, West End, Adams Morgan, and Georgetown. The morning was full of networking, award recognitions, and an entertaining and informative tour that highlighted attractions to share with guests.
goDCgo recognized hotels for their efforts in providing transportation information and options to their guests, continuously improving front staff knowledge on sustainable transportation options, and creating and supporting bike programs.
Following the ceremony, attendees boarded a DC Circulator bus for an exciting Four Quadrants Tour, narrated by our very own Hospitality Client Services Manager, Matt Jones! While Northwest DC is the largest quadrant and contains most of the hotels, Southeast, Southwest, and Northeast quadrants offer attractions that your guests are sure to explore including:
- The Wharf and Southwest Waterfront which offers award-winning restaurants, shopping, and amazing views of the Anacostia River.
- US Navy Museum in Southeast has permanent exhibits on the forgotten wars of the 19th Century, Polar Exploration, and US Navy Submarines.
- Barracks Row, the oldest commercial corridor in DC, is home to award-winning restaurants and the Marine Barracks which hosts an evening parade in the summer every Friday.
- Eastern Market, the oldest market in DC, is a great place to visit on the weekends where you can find delicious treats and local artisans selling their wares.
- Union Station, located in Northeast, was once the largest train station in the world. Today, it is the third busiest train station in the US. The station offers a monthly tour that leads visitors through the past, present, and future of this iconic train hall.
As goDCgo's Hospitality Ambassadors Program approaches its 1-year anniversary, we are proud to announce that we have partnered with over 50 hotels, hostels, and bed & breakfast establishments who now make it a priority to encourage guests to travel sustainably around our great city. To learn how you can become an ambassador, contact goDCgo today. We hope to see you join us next year!