As of May 1, 2018, DC Circulator will be rolling out brand-new 100% electric buses!
The new battery-electric buses, Proterra E2 Catalyst Electric Buses, are manufactured in the United States and run on 100 percent battery electric propulsion. The vehicles will bring clean, quiet, zero-emission transportation to more than 4.8 million annual riders and the Circulator’s approximate 200 drivers.
The District’s electric bus rollout will make it the largest electric bus fleet in the DC region, the current largest electric fleet on the East Coast, and one of the largest electric bus fleets nationwide.
Benefits of 3000 Series Electric Buses
- Displace 88,900 gallons of diesel per year
- Eliminate more than 243,980 lbs of CO2 emissions annually
- Provide cost savings of more than $6 million during a 12 year lifetime.
- Reduce noise pollution throughout the District
Features of 3000 Series Electric Buses
- NEW free public WI-FI
- USB ports for charging personal devices
- Digital display screens featuring latest commuter info
- State-of-the-Art pedestrian safety alert system
- Powerful, driver controlled air conditioning