What's your New Year's Resolution? Why not leave the car behind in the last decade and transition to more sustainable means of travel? That's certainly our goal in the coming years and you can bet that your residents are aiming for the same. We all have the power to make a difference!
Now that it's officially 2020, goDCgo encourages you to provide transportation resources that enhance your property and, in turn, your current and future tenants' experience. If you haven't already noticed, DC is rapidly growing with more than 100,000 new residents since the 2010 census! As a result, new apartment buildings and complexes are popping up all over the city, so transients and residents have the luxury of being highly selective when it comes to choosing a place to live. To compete, you need a convenient location, helpful resources, and premier amenities to keep current residents and attract new tenants.
Learn about goDCgo's five easy ways to make your property more desirable:
- Become an Ambassador. goDCgo's Residential Ambassadors Program recognizes residential complexes in the District for their efforts as transportation leaders. The program is designed to grow and showcase the positive impact your community has had on DC residents. Join today for the recognition you deserve! Registration is easy. Just fill out this form and tell us all the cool transportation programs and resources you are already offering.
- Create a telework space. Dedicate a welcoming lounge or conference room for residents who are able to work from home. If you already have underutilized space, this could be a very low cost yet effective value add for your current and future tenants.
- Provide transit materials and brochures. goDCgo provides complimentary transportation maps and brochures to help residents navigate the District sustainably. Popular items include DC Circulator maps and schedules, DC bike maps, Metro pocket guides, FREE ride passes for Capital Bikeshare, and more. You can submit your transit brochure request here.
- Host on-site events. Invite goDCgo to host a lobby event, walking tour, or commuter social to gather your residents for an informal transportation information session. Fun themes could include a happy hour, transportation fair, ice cream social, "do-nut" drive, and more. While hosting, goDCgo can help your residents identify ways to optimize their travel using public transportation. We can also assist you with other creative ways to inform residents of their travel options around the District.
- Provide sustainable amenities. Beyond the basic amenities of health club facilities and communal areas, sustainable transportation options are highly sought after by today’s home hunters. From secure bike parking and carpool-matching to installing a real-time transit display and providing cycling classes, such amenities enhance multi-family communities and promote a greener DC.
As always, goDCgo is here to help you and your residents navigate the District. Tailored to the specific needs of your property, we work one-on-one with you to customize and promote sustainable transportation amenities to your residents. Contact goDCgo for a FREE consultation today!